Students enrolling in courses taught at UM's Fitness and Recreation Center must present a Griz Card validating that the Campus Recreation Fee has been paid for that semester.
NOTE: For all HHP ACTivity Classes:
- There are additional Montana Board of Regents approved fees with courses that are noted with that course. Please visit the detailed course information within Cyberbear for more information.
- Grading Policy strictly enforced- classes missed prior to and after late registration count towards total absences allowed.
- Auditing of HHP ACTivity Classes is not allowed
- For more information on Student Tuition and Fees, please visit: http://www.umt.edu/business-services/Students/Tuition%20and%20Fees/default.php .
- A Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) course that teaches the mode of underwater diving where the diver uses a self-contained underwater breathing apparatus (scuba) which is completely independent of surface supply, to breathe underwater
- Prepares students for PADI certification dives
Swimming for the non-swimmer, a truly beginning swimming class that will work on breathing, kicking, and timing of strokes. Swimmer will learn basics of how to float and rotate through the water. Strokes to be learned include: freestyle, back crawl, elementary backstroke, intro to breaststroke, and sidestroke. Graded Credit/No Credit. Additional Campus Recreation Pool Fee. Equipment Needs: Goggles Recommended.
For the intermediate swimmer who already knows how to move through the water and is looking for technique and endurance workouts. Should be able to swim 1 length of the pool with any stroke. Graded Credit/No Credit. Additional Campus Recreation Pool Fee. Equipment Needs: Goggles Recommended.
For the advanced swimmer who knows a few strokes, and wants to build endurance and fine tune technique. Starts, turns, and race strategy for those who are interested. This is a good class if you are training for triathlons or other swim competitions. Graded Credit/No Credit. Additional Campus Recreation Pool Fee. Equipment Needs: Goggles Recommended.