Early Childhood Education Endorsement Certificate
Enhanced teacher preparation specific to early childhood education is proven to be effective in supporting the optimal development of young children, leading to tangible benefits across the lifespan including fewer student referrals to special education and higher rates of high school completion.
The Preschool - Grade 3 (P-3) Early Childhood Education Endorsement prepares participants as highly qualified early childhood teachers for our nation’s public schools, organizations such as Head Start and Early Head Start, and community-based early childhood programs.
The P-3 Endorsement meets Montana’s P-3 Early Childhood endorsement required for all public-school preschool teachers.
Please reference Elementary Education webpage.
Please reference the Master's Degree webpage.
Standalone graduate level endorsement available to currently licensed elementary education teachers, or those eligible for a Montana elementary teaching license, who desire the Early Childhood P-3 Endorsement Certificiate.
- Early Childhood Education Graduate Level Endorsement Course of Study
- Early Childhood Education Graduate Endorsement Admission:
- Complete the ECE P-3 Certificate application with the Graduate School.
- Complete the Teacher Education Program Early Childhood P-3 Graduate Level Endorsement Certificate application.
- All students enrolling in ECE programs must complete a Background Check as part of the application.
- All Early Childhood Coursework requires a lab component.
- Student must purchase or have access to a GoPro HERO camera (or equivalent) to share videos that demonstrate their implementation of lab activities.
Montana students enrolled in ECE programs who currently work in a qualifying early childhood program (licensed or registered child care, pre-school programs, Head Start or Tribal Head Start, or a Child Care Resources agency) for at least 15 hours per week are eligible for financial support administered through the Montana Early Childhood Project.
Students interested in applying for either of these Montana funding opportunities must have a current Practitioner Registry Certificate at the time of application. The Practitioner Registry process takes several weeks – you are encouraged to complete this step as early as possible to streamline your application for funding.
- The Professional Development Incentive Award-Higher Education awards $400 for the completion of 2-5 credits per semester and $1,000 for the completion of a minimum of 6 credits per semester.
Undergraduate & Graduate Endorsement Info:
Teacher Education Services
2nd Floor - PJW Education Center
Assistant Professor, Early Childhood Education
College of Education
Licensure Related Inquiries:Kristi Steinberg
Licensure & Assessment Manager
Teacher Education Services