CAEP Annual Reporting Measures
The UM Educator Preparation Programs (EPP) are fully accredited by the Montana Board of Public Education and the National Council on the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through Autumn 2022. Our next accreditation review and site visit by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) occurred in Spring 2022 with a final accreditation decision in Autumn 2022. UM's education programs have been nationally accredited continuously since 1954.
The Montana Educator Preparation Program (EPP) Statewide Protocol for Continuous Improvement is a 3-year cycle of data collection designed to support EPP continuous program improvement and meet ARM 10.58.314 through analyses of employer satisfaction and completer impact, performance, and perception of program relevance.
Completer Effectiveness (Initial Programs)
In 2021, the college completed a case study of recent program completers as part of a three-year review cycle. Click CASE STUDY for more information. The Employer survey linked below also address our program's impact and completer teaching effectiveness.
Candidate Competency at Completion and Ability to be Licensed
The average Praxis® score, between 2018-21 exceeded Montana's passing scores for every educator preparation content area program offered by the College of Education. This includes:
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education (undergraduate)
- Elementary Education (graduate)
- Secondary Education (undergraduate) – Art, Biology, Broadfield Science, Broadfield Social Studies, English, French, Geography, German, Health & Human Performance, History, Latin, Math, Music, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, and Theatre
- Secondary Education (graduate) – Art, Biology, Broadfield Science, Chemistry Earth Science, Broadfield Social Studies, English, Health & Human Performance, History, Math, Sociology, Spanish, and Theatre
*Note: Montana does not require and does not have approved Praxis tests for principals and superintendents.
Initial and Advanced Graduation Rates